Your safety and comfort is our number one priority. We have prepared this simple step by step guide to make using our services easier, helping to get you where you need to go.
At the bus stop
- Buses collect passengers at bus stops or bus shelters.
- At request stop please put your hand out to tell the driver that you want him to stop so that you can get on the bus.
- As the bus arrives and leaves the stop, stand well back to avoid the side mirrors on the bus.
- As the bus approaches check if it’s the right bus for you by watching out for the destination and route number on the front scroll.
- If you need the bus to be lowered or to use the ramp, just ask the driver when the bus stops. While the bus is kneeling or the ramp is being lowered please be patient and stay clear until this has finished.
- For your safety, please do not attempt to enter or leave the bus from the side of the ramp.
- If you are vision impaired or are unsure whether the bus is the one you need, just ask the driver, who will be pleased to help you.
- Please allow other customers to exit the bus before you get on.
- Please queue and enter the bus on the right hand side.
Getting on the bus - paying your fare
- If you don't have a valid ticket for travel tell the driver where you want to go. The driver will tell you how much your fare is.
- Please make sure that you have the correct change to pay for your fare.
- Give your coins to the Driver. Collect and validate your ticket in the validator. Please keep your ticket for inspection.
On the bus
- Always sit if a seat is available.
- If you have to stand then please hold a handrail.
- For safety reasons, please do not talk to the driver while the bus is moving.
- Please do not leave luggage in the bus aisles.
- Please ensure infants and children in your care on the bus are secure.
- Every accessible bus has one priority space for a wheelchair user, which may also be used for a baby buggy. Only one wheelchair or buggy may occupy this space at any time.
- For safety reasons customers using wheelchairs must reverse into the allocated space and face the rear of the bus. Wheelchair brakes should then be applied.
- When a buggy is occupying the space, the child should be left in the buggy and the brakes applied. The parent or guardian should either sit or stand with the buggy.
- When the space is occupied, any customer who wishes to board the bus with a buggy must remove their child from the buggy and stow the buggy away safely.
Getting off the bus - arriving at your destination
- When you want to get off the bus press the bell once, giving the driver plenty of time to stop safely.
- Then go to the exit.
- When the bus stops, get off carefully or, if required, ask the driver to kneel the bus or to operate the ramp.
- Wait until the bus has completed the kneeling operation or the ramp is fully in place before getting off.
- Please, always watch out for cyclists on your right passing on the inside of the bus.
Thank you for travelling with us.